[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Technical Tesla Coil Questions [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Technical Tesla Coil Questions

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your concise explanation.

I forgot that adding a topload lowers the resonant frequency of the coil.
So there is no way to match the topload to the secondary. Tuning is done on
the primary side.

A follow up question: are the primary and secondary oscillating at the same
frequency or at a 1/4 wavelength?

I get confused because I often see the 1/4 wave mentioned. JavaTC seems to
supply numbers for a matched resonance.

Is there a way to get a Tesla Coil to operate at 1/4 wave or do you need to
build a 3 coil system?

I have been battling to get longer than 30cm arcs from my VTTCs. It's
mainly due to my impatience and incompetence but hopefully there is a way
to improve the current system.

I don't have any toroids unfortunately.  Will have to get one!

Cheers!
-Wil