[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Winding a Primary [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Winding a Primary

The best advice I have to give (when using soft copper tubing) is to follow the natural coil, and make very small bends over a large distance, never the exact same place more than once (never say never though)
I remember when I made my first spiral primary, very frustrating to get it perfect, but now that I have done 10 or so its become easier to make it look great.

And don't forget, it doesn't need to be a perfect spiral to both be functional and look fantastic.
i'm sure if you took an up close look at everyone's primary coils you would find a surprising amount of non-perfection present in our construction ;)

Cheers,
John "Jay" Howson IV

"Why thank you, I will be happy to take those electrons off your hands."