[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] heat-sinks [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] heat-sinks

On 3/15/2014 5:16 PM, jj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Group,
I am building a relatively large ASRSG. I will be using 1/4" thoriated tungsten rods for its electrodes. I want to put a heat-sink on each stationary electrode. My problem is, I can't find a place to obtain them from. I have seen them in many RSG pictures. Does ayyone on the list know where I can find them?
Thanks to everyone for your help,
Jim
A lot of the heat sinks you see on RSGs are most likely custom. If you have access to a machine shop, you can easily make your own out of a block on aluminum. Other sources include surplus shops like mpja.com. I don;t remember if they carry heat sinks. That's just the first surplus example I can think of off the top of my head.

Cheers,
Andrew Robinson
www.teslamad.com