[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Radial Spoke Primary [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Radial Spoke Primary

t-burns14 wrote:
I'm about to drill holes in my HDPE spokes and realized that if I
drill all the holes in line, I'll end up with concentric circles and
then a bent piece to get to the next circle level. Not good. So how
do I do this properly in order to get an actual spiral?

Offset the position of each spoke outward from the previous spoke so that by the time you've made one loop, the holes are offset by one complete turn. For example, suppose your turn-to-turn spacing is 3/4" and you're using eight spokes. The radial offset between spokes should be 0.75/8 or about 0.1" (actually 0.9375"). When the tubing is installed into the offset spokes, you'll form a gradual spiral.

Bert
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering