[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Bigger Variac Control Wheel [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Bigger Variac Control Wheel

The bike sprocket cog could be a pretty decent idea. Only problem would be that this would require some extensive modification to accommodate the extra required shaft(s) for the cog itself (or themselves). I'm still thinking that the larger diameter control wheel is the way to go for my particular situation. Oh well, it's no big deal that requires immediate attention, as I have been operating with the original phenolic wheel for several years now :^)

I appreciate the offer Chris, but the cost of a special trip to MI could never be justified just for me to make a bigger control wheel. ;^) I'll definitely keep the GG facility in mind if I ever happen to be going through your neck of the woods, though, as I'm sure a visit there would be something that just about anyone on this list could enjoy.

Some of the other suggestions require that I have (or at least have access to) a lathe, which I don't have. Heck, I don't even have a drill press yet! I have put that off for too long and do need to try to rectify that problem soon. I do have a birthday later this month - hmmm.

Anyway, thanks for all of the suggestions as you guys never seem to fail to accommodate the "inquiring mind" ;^)

David