[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] List setting adjustments [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] List setting adjustments

FWIW, my view is that we should always try to follow the 'correct' behaviour
which in this case would, in my view, be that simple replies go to everyone.
It is only when the 'correct' behaviour severely affects a significant
number of users that we should contemplate departing from 'correct'
behaviour.  And, if we ever think that we should depart from 'correct'
behaviour, we should have a good long look at ourselves before doing so.

(It has been a long time since I have been involved in one of these
discussions.  Does anyone remember the wars over email address rewriting?
Enough said.)

To be clear, I am not unsympathetic to the plight of aol customers, but
their problems are caused by aol and should be addressed by aol.  Anything
else is unworkable - how many arbitrary decisions by how many ISPs should
Chip otherwise be forced to accommodate?

mbd