[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Large coil in New York area for video shoot? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Large coil in New York area for video shoot?

Hello, Nigel,

I have a Tesla coil that could be described as large.  It stands 5 1/2 feet
high and delivers about 500,000 volts.  We have been using it in a show with
several performers and a wide variety of effects.  We have developed a
hidden Faraday suit which allows the performers to wear normal costuming.
Here is a short video of a show at a local festival--

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxZ5VpU1ycA&feature=youtu.be

The coil has been to New York before, for a performance by Special Head on
America's Got Talent.  It was not used for fear of igniting pyro in other
acts on stage.  Here is the act we had prepared--

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axDz7zjE74

The coil runs on 120VAC, with a 20 amp service.  We will add a fiber-optics
solid state relay to control the coil to ensure that the computer will be
safe.

What kind of effects are you planning to do?  Let us know and we will see if
we are a match.

We're looking forward to working with you.

---Carl