[TCML] Table Top Tesla Coil

Hi everyone!

I would love to hear your thoughts on the table top sized Tesla coil I am in the process of building. Specifically, I was wondering if I have chosen optimal values for the primary capacitance and dimensions for the top load.

Any other comments on improving the design would be incredibly appreciated.

Here are the specifications:

Power Supply: 5,000 Volt, 60ma Neon Sign Transformer (with safety gap and Terry Filter)

Secondary Diameter: 2.5 inches (acrylic tubing)
Secondary Wire Gauge: 29
Secondary Winding Length: 11 inches
Secondary # of Turns: 900
Secondary Self Capacitance: 4.5 pF

Primary Capacitance: 0.0499 uF @ 12,000 volts (MMC of (12) Cornell-Dubillier 942C20P15K-F 0.01 uF 2,000 volt capacitors; 2 parallel strings of 6 in series)

Top Load: 8 inch diameter stainless steel sphere (11.4 pF)

Spark Gap: (2) 1/8 inch diameter Tungsten Electrodes

Thank you so much for your help!

Amir Mojarradi
Los Angeles, California