[TCML] trimming, threading

Ladies and Gentlemen of the TCML..

a couple things to remember..
- if you're changing the subject, don't just reply and change the subject line. A lot of mail readers ignore the subject line and use the threading information in the headers, so you wind up with a thread that starts with "Tesla's world domination" and mid way through changes to "Tesla's wireless power transmission" finally winding up at "Tesla's pigeon powered zero point energy" (note well: ALL of these subjects are not appropriate for the list)

- trim some, but not too much. If there's a thread that starts with a page long description of a coil with the "please help" (a perfectly appropriate topic for the list, I might add), and then a series of
 "try this"
 "I tried that, and this is what happened"
"ok, why don't you try this other thing"

At some point, you could probably safely trim out most of the original description; maybe leaving enough for context. It's a challenge... those folks using threaded mail readers will think "why in the world are they quoting all the previous messages", but ones without threaded readers go "what in the heck is he talking about, because there's no context". Digest subscribers really face a can of worms with this.

Other than that, I am pleased that we're all playing nice making my first 9 months or so of moderating pretty pleasant and easy, the signal to noise ratio of the list is high, which should make Chip happy (and the hundreds of people who listen, but do not post). Keep on coiling....

Jim