Re: [TCML] question for every one

On 8/10/13 10:35 PM, Neon Tesla wrote:
Well if absolute perfect performance is your goal then a spun toroid is the
way to go, but only because sharp edges on the ducting could cause corona
losses, so if you were to use a corona ring and a large sphere it would
work equally as well, and with true determination you could remove the
sharp edges of the ducting with spackle and a second coat of aluminum tape.

Thanks,
           -Noah H                              *

You might also contemplate using a toroid made of rings. I'm sure someone on the list can post a picture, but basically, you make some tubing rings (maybe 8 of them?) that form a sort of skeleton toroid.

It looks nice, and works well.

Most of the ring toroids I've seen have the rings going the long way around (that is, the axis of symmetry is vertical, and the plane of the ring is horizontal). However, I think some folks have built ring toroids with the plane of the ring is vertical, and there's a bunch of them arranged in a circle.

the latter would potentially be easier to make, since all the rings are the same radius, so once you get your tubing bender set up, you're good to go for all of them.

                              *
*
*