[TCML] question for every one

hi Everyone
My first question is does a commercial made large 20in toroid work better than one made from aluminum ducking. my 4 in coil use's a 12 toroid and the bought one work way better than the one i made.
any input would be helpful.

next I am wanting to build a large Bipolar Tesla coil 4.5dia by 28in long secondary, has any one ever made one this size before, I am going to use a 12,000 60ma transformer. again any input would be helpful on ideas on making it.

I have made me a Flickr site and put some of my thing on there if anyone want to look, (nothing that great) the last video's will be on
by Wednesday.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91001059@N08/   Flickr site

thanks
alton