[TCML] miniBrute DRSSTC Tesla Coil Kit

Hello Alton,

We have had previous discussions  via email regarding this product.

Anyways, regarding the question, "How good does it work compared to what you have to pay for it?".  I think it the better question to ask is "How good does it work compared to how much time and effort you put into it."

As anyone on this newsgroup will attest to, building a DRSSTC is not easy.  It requires a good understanding  of how DRSSTC works, power electronics, as well as general electronics / troubleshooting knowledge.  A DRSSTC is not something you can simply slap together based on a schematic found off the web, or a Tesla coilers website.  It does require a good understanding of the inner workings of the DRSSTC as well as a good understanding of how DRSSTCs need to be tuned.

As far as the miniBrute goes, we have sold quite a few of these and our customers have had excellent results with these as I'm sure some of the members of the TCML group can attest to.  That said, we have had some individuals purchase these that have not had good luck - but these are generally individuals that purchased these kits without fully understanding our difficulty guide and warnings on our product page - in otherwords, this is an advanced product and not intended for beginners or casual electronics  kits enthusiasts by any stretch of the imagination.

Our Difficulty Guide
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/documents/kitdifficultyguide.pdf

As far as a price point goes, I don't know of any other kit or design available at the present time that offers the level of detailed documentation that the miniBrute does.  Every electrical and mechanical aspect is covered in great detail, including a parts list down to the nut and bolt.

I am guessing that you are having some difficuilties with your product.  As I have stated before, I will be happy to guide you and help you through any difficulties that you may be experiencing.  Please contact me at the eastern voltage research support email and I will work with you on this.

If you are having specific board issues, we are even willing to look at your individual boards and test and troubleshoot them at no charge (other than shipping costs and parts).

So if you need assistance, feel free to contact us.  We are there to help you.

Regards,
Daniel McCauley
Eastern Voltage Research
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com