[TCML] Test Equipment for DRSSTC Development, Lab work for students

I found this incredible electronics tool on line, being used in
lab classes across US.  How about a 16 channel digital analyzer,
100Mhz dual channel scope, signal generator, dual power supplies,
software controllable w/ USB interface to your XP of Win 7
'omputer no less for the "PRINCELY" price of $199!!!
Check it out, I've talked the wife into buying one (maybe 2 ) for
my electronics lab.

http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,842,1018&Prod=ANALOG-DISCOVERY

About the equivalent of $1k worth of hardware and software from
National Instruments, for ~1/10 the cost.  Now you know why I
need a 16 channel logic analyzer... 8^D  It is being marketed
to get students into "hands-on" design and validation lab activities
with real analog and digital hardware.

Only problem I see is low V compliance range, and a limited
data storage range for o'scope (16K bits IIRC) but how much will
it cost to build an external attenuator box or input/output OV
protected buffer amp powered by a couple 9V batteries?
Also supplied software allows alot of external analysis
to be done that would time consuming, difficult or downright
impossible in most of our home labs (filter design, semi-
real time FFT, 16 channel simultaneous digital analyzer).

Very very cool stuff, found today in one of my online trade
electronics magazines...

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA