Re: [TCML] Best GDT core for the mini SSTC

I have used several large (1208) surface-mount resistors in parallel to keep the gate inductance low. Like 4 x 1ohm. Works fine (this was on FETs).

---Carl

-----Original Message----- From: Atomic
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:49 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Best GDT core for the mini SSTC

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I'll get that one and a couple more caps!

Do you know how much current is usually drawn from the 12V regulator?
I'm inclined to substitute the power transformer and the 12V regulator with a 2A SMPS<http://dx.com/p/24v-2a-regulated-switching-power-supply-100-240v-66678>and
power the 5V regulator from that.

Can I use 1W metal film for the gate resistors?

By the way - feel free to suggest any improvements you might have :)