Re: [TCML] Re-visited - Newbie question - Where does all the energy go?

Thank you Kurt,

To your suggestion 3 a, the answer is they were firing distributed along the length of the tube. but not anymore. I only noticed this after reading your post. The copper tubes are squeezed into an U-shaped acrylic tube holder. Where the tubes meet the acrylic, the acrylic is 'copperized', as if it would have been copper plated. And that is where the spark gap is firing now. Underneath the 'copper plating' there is carbonization. So I will make a new spark gap and put a non conductive separator between the tubes and the acrylic, then I will try again to run the coil.

Vielen Dank und Grüsse in die Schweiz.

Peter