Re: [TCML] Variac ballancing chokes re-visited

I wired up my 3 variac cores with 2 pair of 9 turns of #8 wire in the manner shown in the web page below. The current and voltage is distributed evenly with all 3 variacs. As I said below, thanks to everyone
who responded.

----- Original Message ----- From: "MICHAEL HARDY" <mhardy4@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Variac ballancing chokes re-visited

I came across this web page after using goggle.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/u/bunnykiller/parallel.html

It refers to my "A)" scenario as I suspected was presented by "bunnykiller". "Connection 3" (on the right side of the page) seems like the best method because each 'choke' has a dedicated winding in correspondence to each variac. Therefore a 30A variac passes thru a #8 wire winding (well within the current capacity of the wire). Can someone clarify the winding direction in relation to the H1,H2 winding and H3,H4 winding. I see it as if it were one center tapped winding H2 and H3 would be tied together and be the center tap, is this correct?The other scenario I presented used 2 chokes to feed a 3rd choke, which would see 90A max thru #8 wire. Probably a bit too much stress. On a side note I'll look into 'IMGUR.com' Nicholas, thanks. Yes it's good to be coiling in Wisconsin and hear from a member I've met. Thanks to everyone who responded.