[TCML] Primary coil winding troubles with 1/4" tubing

The video kind of speaks for itself  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5j8V19qK1M
I had a heck of a time figuring out to coil that tubing for the primary from the inside out or the outside in.  It was sort of layered on top of itself as well, which led to those kinks in the middle you see which make for unsightly misalignment that ... well, I am open to ideas on how to straighten out what I put together so far there, please.
Even after I have spend a couple years or more researching here and scouring TC websites and many dozens of videos, my experience as you see is - that you have to actually try putting it together in order to really gain the knowledge of what to do, and what not to do.

To those who have put together nice clean flat primary spirals - what is the secret to not having kinks like that?  How to you handle copper tubing that comes in a double thick roll like the 50' length I got that and make it into one flat spiral in a clean and nice looking way?