Re: [TCML] Ozone Generation

Ozone is a powerful oxidant that will attack anything that will oxidize, such as plastic (wire insulation), carpet, furniture, etc. How will you monitor the concentration?

________________________________
 From: Dave Leddon <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 5:00 PM
Subject: [TCML] Ozone Generation

I have lingering pet odors in a room that I need to eliminate and research indicates that ozone might do the trick.  I found hundreds of companies that sell or rent ozone generators for this purpose but it occurred to me that I might be able to use my large DRSTC to produce ozone in large quantities.  For this application I assume that I need lots of little sparks rather than big power arcs so I'm looking for suggestions from the list.  My idea was to place a large piece of copper window screen on top of the toroid extending beyond the radius of the toroid, or to eliminate the toroid altogether and just use the screen.  Any ideas?

Dave