Re: [TCML] ID an unknown transfomer

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralph W5JGV" <sparks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:35 AM
Subject: RE: [TCML] ID an unknown transfomer

I just acquired an unidentified coil type transformer on eBay:

I'm pretty sure it's an ignition coil for an old farm tractor.

I remember seeing those when I was a young'un back some 60+ years ago.
But I can't remember which machine it was for...  sorry.

73,

Ralph W5JGV - WD2XSH/7

Thanks, Ralph, I feel sure you're right. I grew up in the country and once you mentioned tractors I could see their coils in my mind's eye. That's why it's sealed in waterproof phenolic, because it's exposed to the elements in the tractor's engine bay.

Pretty potent little coil, too.

regards,

Paul