From: "Jason Kerlin" <kerlinjason@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:17:51 PM
Subject: [TCML] New to list coiling for a year now

Hi all,

I have been building tesla coils for about a year now and this list has been an invaluable resource for all things Tesla. Currently I have a six inch coil that produces about 7 feet of arc. Now for the specifications:

pri: 9 turns 1/4" copper tubing at same height as bottom of secondary
cap: 60.4 nf PETP K73-14 caps
sec: 1333 turns 24 ga. single build wire pvc urethane coated form
length of sec: 31"
topload 4" x 31" on top of a 6"x 20" at 57" from the floor to center
psu: 4 odd sized MOT's pri's in parallel sec's in series
rotary gap: 8 flying electodes 2 stationary rpm 3450 break rate of about 455
no ballast

I think that covers most of the specs. This is a most fulfilling hobby. The wealth of information on this list is the only way I have been able to safely and effectively build an electrical machine of this complexity (math equations, resonance freq's, building techniques). My thanks go out to ALL the experienced coil builders that have shared their knowledge via this list. As soon as I am able I will post video and pictures of the coil. Safe coiling to everyone.

Jason Kerlin