[TCML] Variac Phase Shifting Info please

HiI am building my first TC and need some help. Have decided to use a variac for phase shifting. I've seen quite a few circuit diagrams to point me in the right direction, problem is  I am using a 110v 1/20hp 7.5W oriental motor for the SRSG and have a 230 to 110v transformer mounted next to it in the TC base. I been told I can still use a variac to phase shift in the 230v supply to the step-down transformer but I am unsure of the position of the cap and resistor needed in the circuit. I haven't purchased the variac for phase shifting yet and have been told these small motors will only need a small size 1.5A or so. If some one could help with a circuit diagram and component values I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx