Re: [TCML] DC Coils

Scott,
I have tried increasing the break rate, and it does increase power input
and to some degree spark length.
My inductor is calculated to give a max bps of 500bps, and spark gap works
smootly up to that break rate. (below extinction frequency)
My inductor is also multi tapped, so I have tried smaller inductances to
allow more current, but this did not help.
The only thing I can think of to explain the results is that the 10kv
supply is not being doubled...
But based on the spark gap I am using, I do not believe that is the case.
Also, back in the early days of coiling when I used to use 10kv AC, the
coil would still be drawing more power and producing big arcs with a cap of
this size and similar break rate...

carlos