[TCML] DC Coils

Hi List,
I recently finished my first DC powered SGTC.
I was surprised by the size of capacitor needed to produce a given spark
length.
The information I used was gathered from Richie Burnetts web site, and I
am confident that I correctly understand the information
and formula's presented on the page.
My assumption was that I could choose a capacitor value, break rate, and
charging voltage the same as my large AC fed coils, and I would get a
similar performance in terms of spark length and power input.

The result I got was quite different... I used 10kv DC input (so 20KV
after doubling) and a 0.07uF cap with breakrate of 180bps.
With my large AC coil I am getting 16ft arcs with 20kv AC RMS (so i guess
28kv peak), same cap and bps.
With the new DC coil, only getting 5ft arcs. Power draw is low, and RSG is
clean running.
This all equates back correctly to the formulas in terms of BPS, input
volts and cap size giving a specific power draw....  I just don't
understand why my AC coil draws 3-4 times the power and produces 3 times
the arcs, when the cap  size and break rate is the same.
Sure, the peak voltage input is a bit higher, but not 3 times as high...

Any comments...?

Carlos