Re: [TCML] Triggered spark gaps?

On 2/3/12 2:50 PM, Carl Noggle wrote:
Hey---

Does anyone have any triggered spark gaps? The ones I'd like to match
are 4 1/4 inches square with a 1/2" nylon bolt in each corner, in a
clamshell design, with the electrodes in a sort of dome on each side.
They are made of acrylic or polycarbonate, I think. I can't read the
mfgr or the model number, but they don't seem to be Maxwell. The trigger
is a brass plane sandwiched between the halves of the clamshell with a
contact screw protruding between the clamshell pieces. There are 2 gas
fittings. I need four or five of these, or some info if anyone has it.

There's a few mfrs of these things over the years. Perkin Elmer/EG&G made them too. Physics International is another.

BUT, an awful lot were custom, home made in a lab. I have several Maxwell gaps, but I also have what is obviously an older prototype version of the same thing, probably made by someone in a lab with a machine shop.