Re: [TCML] Voltage - Gap

Hi Jay
Yes.  That cap was only about 8 or 10 inches under the primary.  Eddy currents are an interesting theory and unfortunately, I never tried another of those caps so I can't offer any experimental results.  But you can see the size of the plates.  So inevitably there would be some interaction, after all.

Though again - when I inevitably looked up the specs for that cap after the fact, I had exceed its max pulse rate by quite a lot...
Joe