[TCML] Measuring secondary current

How do you accurately measure the current in the secondary's ground wire? My current method suggests my secondary is putting 2800 amps into my RF ground, which seems a tad high for a coil powered by a two amp transformer.

Here's what I'm doing right now.
I wound ~110 turns on an FT 50-77 ferrite toroid (rated to a few megahertz) and calibrated it at 2mV/mA with 14.7k ohms of resistance between the output leads, using my signal generator to put some current into a 1 ohm resistor via a wire through the center of the toroid.

Feeding the ground wire from my secondary through the center of the newly-minted CT and turning on the coil, I put my oscilloscope probe across the 14.7k ohm resistor (actually a 10k and 4.7k in series) and fired up the coil.

The result is a nice 5.6V peak-to-peak sine wave at the ~500kHz resonant frequency of my secondary...

(I just calibrated my 'scope this morning, too...)