RE: [TCML] tcs as musical instruments...

Thanks, Bart

I'm not sure what Arc Attack does, but it seems crazy that playing a real
guitar through a chain mail suit would be nothing short of impossible and/or
deadly. You would certainly be electrocuted if your skin were to come into
contact with the frets while being blasted by a bolt of lightning.

On the other hand, my "Fender Twin" style Tesla guitar amp uses only analog
circuitry right down to the tubes (that's right...tubes!!) to control the
Tesla coil.

For those who are interested, here are some of the specs:

Cabinet: 14 ply Balsamic Mahogany

Amplifier: 12AX7's driving an APEX PA-12 power chip (a lot less heat and
more reliable than a pair of 6L6GT's), Hammond Organ reverb springs, Effects
Chains; Send and Return high and low levels, foot switch for Tesla, Tesla
Vibrato, Reverb and Normal.

Celestian Loudspeakers.

Custom professionally engraved face plate.

Tesla Vibrato Rate and Depth controls for the Tesla coil.

Back panel on amp has maximum pulse duration adjustment for whatever coil
you are using, plus standard "Fender Style" power and standby switches.

Standard Fiber Optic output to Tesla coil.

Amp can be used as a stand-alone guitar amp or rock simultaneously with a
Tesla coil.

The amplifiers' Tesla coil controller is a standard Audiotesla analog
controller with "Blues Xpression" circuitry. (Sorry, no MIDI; the
professional MIDI guitar processors available as of today seem to be lame at
best, as they still "hunt' for the right notes!) The addition of the Blues
Xpression circuitry allows quiet notes to produce a smaller spark and can
also be modulated via the Vibrato controls for killer "Vibrato Spark"
effects. Great for slow, bluesy types of solos.

Price: a lot of these $$$

I think Bart was referring to this part of the 2013 Teslathon for a guitar
demo: (Thanks, Chris for the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTmqEQmHEIw&list=UUtA1LUuBW12RhFlr1WulqgQ&ind
ex=24&feature=plcp

And here's a video of a saxophone being played though the same amp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j43u-xREJMM&feature=BFa&list=PL5C413AC74D615E
F1&lf=results_main

Bottom line is that it doesn't all have to be microprocessor or MIDI
controlled to work well, some things just work better at what they do than
others.

Kind regards,
Hank