From: James Hutton <b-u-r-t-o-n-boy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla help <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent:Thursday, 1 September, 2011 19:38:46
Subject: [TCML] constructing a metal suit "ideas"

wow. I have posted A LOT of questions lately... i guess thats what happens when
you finish your summer job a week before school and have nothing to do all
day...
I am wanting to enter a tesla coil into a science fair. (basef) After thinking
for a while, I think I have come up with a good "problem" (or excuse for using a
tesla coil in a science fair :P)"Is it possible to create a lightning-proof
suit"... that way, I get the excuse of making an impressive coil and using
lightning simulation to test my suit.
I've been doing a bunch of research on metal suits, (and asked about metal paint
on a morph suit... I guess not...).I have seen lots of clunky big looking things
and I dont really like the look of those.I came across this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aDt7loyEfUThat is exactly what I would want.
Something that fits closely to the body and is smooth looking.I'm assuming they
are using chain-mail in the video... but I have looked everywhere, and I cannot
find full body suits. Not even all the parts to put one together (i.e. gloves,
shoes etc..)Most likely those are custom-made and expensive...
So i guess I'm just looking for the cheapest, but most reliable way to make a
full body suit. Some other things that might work is using screen door mesh. but
I dont know if that will give me enough protection. (maybe with more layers?)or
maybe even simple clothes wrapped nicely with aluminum tape.
Since this is a science fair, I want the suit to look professional aswell.
Does anyone have any tips, other ideas, or input?thanks!