From: "mike hollingsworth" <megavolts_61@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Why air-core?
Date: Sat, Oct 1, 2011 9:50 pm

I have a x-ray transformer that puts out around 40kv at 20kHz and about 2.5kVA.  This little monster is about 4.5 inches in diameter by four inches tall,  so it is conceivable that a TC could be made with a core of such material.  it would have to be a fairly long, skinny core and most likely immersed in oil to work, but if one designed a coil to operate at that low a frequency,  I don't see why it couldn't be done.
Mike