[TCML] Xenosonic

Hi people,
I am about to order a couple of Xenosonic kits from EVR.
My electronics knowledge is limited, but I am confident I can build the
board and get it functioning the way I want it.
They will be used to drive the two large (50kw) valve coils I have.
I was planning to put a IGBT or MOSFET of some kind in the cathode circuit
and switch it with the Xenosonic board.
The problem is that I am not confident I have the expertise to design a
suitable interface between the Xenosonic boards and the transistor...

Can anyone help with this, or suggest where I can get this information...?
Also, is there a specific type of transistor that would best suit this
application?
The valve can draw upto 5A in the plate circuit (pulsed current would be
higher)...

Thanks,

Carlos