Re: [TCML] First (Result Yielding) Light. A Few Questions...

Brandon wrote:
> the racing sparks I'm getting as I dial the variac up

Can you describe the racing arcs?   Any photos of it?

Carl Noggle wrote:
> The sparks on the body of the coil could be due to having
> too high a frequency, so that it has a quarter-wave point
> below the top.

No, the voltage max will still be at the top, even if quite
a lot out of tune.   If terribly out of tune you might get
sparks from the middle or 2/3rds the way up the coil.
--
Paul Nicholson