[TCML] First (Result Yielding) Light. A Few Questions...

Hi All,

I fired up my coil again a little while ago. I'm very pleased with the
results, no matter the amount of troubleshooting it still desperately
needs... There were a few interesting things and problems I'd like to ask
you all about.

The first thing, is that 'ever persistent' interference being sent back
throughout the house. On the very first run, I was having issues with the
primary arcing over to the secondary. When I shut it off and went back
inside to wait for the caps to bleed out, I noticed that that the jacuzzi
tub was on and my Directv receiver was throwing a message about an invalid
card or something. A reboot fixed that, and the bathtub didn't come back on
after adjusting the primary and secondary coils and running a few more
times.

On a related note, I noticed a small (static?) charge on the variac casing
when i touched it while cranking the dial. This was while it was running,
not a stored charged I felt later. I was operating from a safe distance of
about 7-8' away, so it shouldn't be picking up a charge off the field, I
don't think... Would some AC line filters help with these, uh, 'results'?

The second thing I'd like to address is the large amount of sparks and
corona I'm getting around the top of the secondary for about 4-6" down. I
added a breakout point, and that hardly changed the results. Won't adding
another topload as well as elevating them a bit away from the secondary
help?

The third and final thing I want to ask you guys about, and possibly related
to the last thing, is the racing sparks I'm getting as I dial the variac up
into the 120-140V zone. That's just bad coupling, right? And wouldn't
raising the secondary coil be the solution?

Thanks everybody,
I wouldn't be able to do any this without ya',
Brandon H.