From: Reverend Fuzzy <cmayeux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Pupman Tesla List (Pupman Tesla List) <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, March 15, 2011 2:00:47 PM
Subject: [TCML] new toroid capacitance

I hope someone knows this one... I've made plans for a new toroid, but the shape
is slightly odd, compared to what we've been using.
I acquired a pair of 2"x11.75" Styrofoam rings (each with one side flat, the
other side rounded).  My idea is to mount these in a
11.75" round section of 3/16" plywood.  Question is, what would be the resulting
capacitance of this topload?  I'm hoping for
something in the range of 16pf to 26pf, but not holding my breath on that.

See PDF diagram: http://www.msbministries.org/new_topload.pdf

Thanks in advance for the help.
---
Reverend Christopher "Fuzzy" Mayeux