Re: [TCML] RE: 942C current?

Hey---

The 942C cap has a pulse current rating of 628 amps max, with a rms rating of 10.7 amps. This is way beyond the currents in the usual SSTC. If this is actually a problem in your design, you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din, and more power to you. These caps are amazingly cheap, so you can series-parallel many of them. You will have many years of trouble-free service.

The data sheet is at     http://www.cde.com/catalogs/PULSE-942C.pdf.

I built a system similar to a TC operating at about 1 MHz with these caps and never had a problem. On the basis of this, I would recommend using a half-bridge or full-bridge driver to protect your FETs. It's worth the hassle of using a high-side driver.

Good luck---

Carl