Re: [TCML] static gap singing coil hybrid.

After just a short jaunt through the archives I found little of use as far as actual designs, but there is so much there I would have to spend a great deal of time fishing through it to find the meat. In any event I am going to try the glass tube (because I have a good tube, and it would look dang cool.) The design I have in mind will use a hollow Pyrex glass tube, 2-inches in diameter, with a 3 mm wall thickness, it will be plugged on both sides with the spark gap electrodes with a hole in the center of them (to blow air through the tube for quenching and cooling.) The trigger will be a flyback (cause I have them on hand) lead going to aluminum tape around the outside of the tube, apply power to the flyback and charge the inside surface of the glass allowing the spark gap to fire. Because Pyrex laughs at heat, and I can't cut this stuff even using my oxy mapp gas torch (granted it is a small torch) with the arc randomly happening on any given point of the inside glass surface I should be fine temperature wise. Now I just need to learn to interface a midi device with a flyback, this will require heavy research...