Re: [TCML] static gap singing coil hybrid.

Phillip,
I was planning on eventually building a DC coil eventually anyway, and I have enough microwave oven capacitors and diodes that I could build a MOT based level shifter with all the current I can handle, not sure if that would cut it or if I would need a resonate charging inductor, which could be made with more MOTs in theory. Since it is triggered it shouldn't need an especially high voltage I suppose, so 4kV was where I was aiming. The biggest hurtle I see is cooling, having that arc that close to glass for prolonged periods will be tricky, but maybe if I run cold air or oil or even water through the tube, its life expectancy should be similar to glass jar capacitors I'd imagine, even if I only get 15 minutes out of it glass tubing is a lot cheaper than IGBT's, and is easy to replace...

Scott.