Re: [TCML] "Lifter" power supply questions

With a duty cycle that might be (pure guess) 100:1 you won't get anything smooth. Any peak is a problem as these run on the borderline of arcing.

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com/Lifters.htm

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Bogard" <sdbogard@xxxxxxxxx>

What is to stop him from using his diodes and building some HV caps (salt water jars) setting them in series and using his 100kV power supply to smooth things out before feeding to the lifter? Also I think you need negative as that is where the electrons go? Just guessing, never built a lifter...

Scott Bogard.