[TCML] "Lifter" power supply questions

Hello,

I am working on a high voltage "lifter," and I have some questions about powering it. I checked the list archives and found some info, but nothing that addresses my particular questions. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Most of the how-to stuff I have read supposes you're building a power supply from scratch, adapting a flyback, etc. I have a variety of HV sources:

--a 100 kV DC variable power supply, made by Hamilton Drills of Canada. (These are commonly sold on eBay. They appear to be solid state induction coils, rectified to give DC output? The maker insists they are DC, although he does call them "Tesla" coils too . . . )

--various NSTs in voltages of 7.5kV, 12kV, and 15kV, at 30 and 60 mA

--an OBIT (10kV, 23 mA)

--auto ignition coils driven by household dimmer switches

--a Van der Graaff generator

--a hand cranked Wimshurst machine

My question is, nowhere have I found what would be needed to hook up an existing power supply to the lifter. From what I read I assume the Hamilton Drills unit is the most suitable, but simply connecting the lifter to the output posts does not seem to work. An email to the Hamilton Drills maker yielded a reply that I need to connect two 75kV, 5mA diodes (?) in series to the unit's output--presumably the + terminal?
From what I read on the list archives, it is possible to use AC sources like
NSTs? My big question, having power supplies and having made a lifter, what is the best way to hook them up?

PBT