Re: [TCML] New Sucker Gap

Hi Miles,

As far as digital stuff not working, I've not seen a problem using a digital
camera.  I've only had trouble with things having wires (antennas!) coming
out of them, like digital meters.  But as always around Tesla coils, YMMV.
Is your light meter digital?  Any wires coming out of it?

The photo of the gap firing is very nice!  So that was a film shot, not a
digital camera?  That only two arcs appear is not surprising, as the camera
is correctly sensing a very bright exposure, and setting the shutter speed
to a very fast setting.  So with a very short exposure, it's only capturing
two or so bangs.  A longer exposure would have shown more, but the rest of
the photo would have been overexposed.  I'm impressed that it figured it out
as well as it did!  I take it that you're accustomed to seeing sparks
occurring all around the circumference of the electrodes, rather than just
two points.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA