From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Bert Pool
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:46 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Frying cars with Tesla coils

At one of my Teslathons 4 or 5 years back, Aaron Koscho and Justin Hays
pulled their van up into the driveway where we had a large magnifier
running.  Sparks were about 10 footers, or thereabouts.  Not only was
the van repeatedly struck, many of the power arcs were directly to the
radio antenna!  I was expecting them to have to push the truck 400 feet
or so to the road after they killed all the electronics.  But not only
did the truck's computer survive, *all* the vehicle's electronics came
through with no problems, including the radio!  I'm talking about sparks
that were hitting the truck and antenna and were arcing around the
rubber tires to the concrete!  I don't remember if the truck was a Ford,
but whatever it was, it sure was one tough truck!

Bert Pool