Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Fried It !/filtration

Personally, I believe any leakage of RF or EMI around a filter would
not be significant to distroy any device that is properly grounded.

  Belief has its place: the issue here is physics.  Some of the
  'noise' energy is lost in the filter.  SOME of it sees the
  filter as an 'impedance discontinuity', reflects, keeps going
  and radiates.  Whether the resultant 'bypass' is 'destructive'
  depends on the energy levels of the source, and how 'fragile'
  the victim electronics are, in addition to shielding and
  filtering.

  best
   dwp