[TCML] Massive VTTC!

Thanks to everybody for the feedback.
I will go down the solid state path if I have to, but if I can, I would like to use as much of the system I have already built, to get the 10 ft musical arcs that I need...

Thats why I was asking about the thyratrons as an alternative to spark gaps.
As I understand it they are a type of tube, with hydroden gas in them that can be triggered into conduction (like a spark gap), but I'm not sure how controllable this would be to give me the varying pulse rates that would be needed to create a musical coil...

Obviously if I built a standard spark gap coil, the 50kw power supply I have would make 10ft easlily.
Surely there MUST be a way to commutate the the discharge of the tank capacitor into the primary to simulate the fast rise time of the spark gap, but with the varying pulse rate...

Also, I am happy to post some photo's of this monster coil if some one will direct me to a suitable site... I am new to this forum and found out the hard way that we can't post pics directly...

Carlos