Re: [TCML] Joining two 25 foot rolls of copper tubing

> Yes, this is really easy.
> Just take a piece of small copper tubing (or use a piece of the
> existing tubing) and make a small insert piece that fits inside the
> 1/4" tubing.  Now just join the two together like a regular pipe
> fitting.  Then get the blow torch out, heat the tubing up and solder
> them together.
   Largely concur, my second case.  8)>>
   would add, tho:
   Sand OUTSIDE inner bit, and inside of outer tube.
   Small roll of sandpaper on rod, or file.
   Objective is to have _clean_, fresh surfaces.
   Classically, 'acid flux' is used: more aggressive than
   usual rosin flux used in electronics.
   Use 'lots' of heat.

> Sand afterwards to get a nice smooth joint.

> Just like copper pipe!
   Just so.  How many people solder copper pipe?
   8)>>

>> I have two 25 foot rolls of 1/4 copper tubing. I could not see
>> how it might be possible to join the two rolls to make a spiral
>> primary.

best

New dwp:     dave_p@xxxxxxxxxxx