RE: [TCML] Parallel Wound Secondary

Thomas,

A much-more beneficial use of that excess wire is to wind a parallel winding on the outside of the already-wound-and-coated original winding. Start about 1/8^th to 1/4^th the entire secondary's length from one side and wind with the same gauge of wire until you reach the other end of the secondary, though the same distance from the end of the winding as when you began on the second layer.

The reason for which you need to place the winding at a distance, relative to the beginning of the original winding, is to keep the voltage-gradient as near to the same as possible. The two coils, with different diameters, will have different voltage-gradients along their lengths, so you want to minimize this. Also, the ends should be put in parallel and the two layers wound in the same direction (clockwise/counter-clockwise from the 'base'). After coating the second layer, you may solder the connections together and try out your new, super-inductance Tesla coil secondary.

P.S. I do not have the link to the original descriptor of this design; can anyone be of help?