Re: [TCML] Grounding a Tesla Coil (Yes, Again)

I'd be interested to find out more details. That would be pretty unusual, unless, perhaps the mesh wasn't hooked up to anything.

I'll try to find that webpage again for you.

Are you operating your coil outside? or indoors? If you're indoors, running a long wire to the outside doesn't really help anything, and could make things worse.

How big is the coil?

I'm building the coil on my 2' x 6' windowsill. Once all the components are built and it's working right, I plan on incorporating it into a portable table. I plan on keeping it indoors though.

It's currently running on a single 15/30 NST, potentially 2 if I can make a second MMC to balance it out. IIRC my seconadry form is 3.5" dia. with a perfect 4:1 ratio in the windings.

Thanks,
Brandon