[TCML] Grounding a Tesla Coil (Yes, Again)

Hi Everybody,

I live in Arizona and the ground is extremely dry here, being that it's a desert and all. So trying to sink a 8 foot pool into the ground just seems irrational. I was wondering if there would be any significant performance drawbacks from using several (like 5) shorter 2-3 foot copper pipes spread out over a 3 foot radius. Has anybody ever tried setting up a grounding system like this one before?

Thank You All,
Brandon