Re: [TCML] Grounding a Tesla Coil (Yes, Again)

This is a common issue for people to get hung up on.Simply place a fairly large metal plate or section of chicken wire under your coil structure(on the ground obviously)and ground to this.For more details check the archives.This one comes up very frequently and seems to work well for folks in your situation.  Wyatt

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Hendershot <brandonhendershot@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 18:39:31
Subject: [TCML] Grounding a Tesla Coil (Yes, Again)

Hi Everybody,

I live in Arizona and the ground is extremely dry here, being that
it's a desert and all. So trying to sink a 8 foot pool into the ground
just seems irrational. I was wondering if there would be any
significant performance drawbacks from using several (like 5) shorter
2-3 foot copper pipes spread out over a 3 foot radius. Has anybody
ever tried setting up a grounding system like this one before?

Thank You All,
Brandon