Re: [TCML] SSTC half bridge

Steve,

> I almost exclusively prefer using GDTs.
- This makes me re-thinking my plan to look for another driver.

>  If the gate voltage stays sufficiently high to keep the MOSFETs on, then the ringing
> isnt a big deal.
- More than 10 V in worst case?

> The robustness and simplicity of a GDT is really hard to beat
- When my half bridge failed, it usually took away the IR2113, the
suppressors and other parts as well  :-((

> If you would like to elaborate on your troubles, there are at least a few of us who can
> offer up suggestions on how to reduce them.
- Could you please recommend papers, enabling me to gather more
insight?

> keep in mind that many papers on power electronics may often
idealize waveforms
- I've learnt already that the waveform at the gate NEVER is an ideal
rectangle.

Thank you for your patience,

Herwig