Re: [TCML] TC & HDTV Can They Coexist?

Hi Brandon,
For what it's worth, I run my coil in my garage or driveway.  It's only 0.9KW input power, so much less output power, though I don't know exactly how much less or how to measure it.   As long as I don't run it in some sort of awful detuned mode, I have zero interference with household electronics.

Couple points - my garage is separated from my house, physically, but all the house power goes through the garage and into the attic of the house in a big "buss" of romex.  The coil is near that buss and there's nothing I can do about it except run longer extension cords.

I have a Sony Bravia HDTV and a complete Integra home theater system, plus Direct TV DVR, etc.  So far no problem.  Though I know I am tempting fate by saying that...

I did lose one "appliance" I had running outdoors, which happened to be on the same circuit as the coil, back when I was learning how to tune the coil and things weren't exactly so happy resonance-wise.  A moderately high power LED driver I had built gave up the ghost.  I have no idea what the failure mechanism was, only that a couple of current limiting resistors had completely fried - and they were 2W resistors.

I am running a line filter on the coil itself, and it's grounded to an 8' rod pounded into the garden about 4' away from where the coil runs.  SO it has its own separate RF grounding system.

There are voltage spike arrestors on all the internal electronics in the house.  But perhaps it's just luck that's saving my home entertainment system.

Cheers,
Joe