RE: [TCML] Prepare a Hot Dog

As you have put it, Frank, a microwave, grill or boiling water will do much more nicely than what I propose, though I have had the experience of connecting a hot dog directly to a variac, turning the power to 140V and allowing it to heat the hotdog to a temperature sufficient to kill pathogens.

Once the cooking was done, I ate the hot dog and, regardless of the cooking method, I would have to say that the hot dogs tasted nearly the exact same, the exception being where the electrodes were placed and whether the source was AC or DC. The DC source had a bit of a tendency to convert the salts in the hot dog into poisonous substances, but this is irrelevant for our purposes, since I did not eat the hot dog cooked with DC.

The hot dog cooked with AC was quite delicious, though I doubt my friend's was quite as delicious, considering it had been made with LEDs and small, low-wattage resistive-element incandescent bulbs placed in it, to show the current across the hot dog and how resistive said hot dog really was. In the cooking, I'm fairly certain that the dog with photon-sources received a healthy dose of zinc from the leads, as well as some small amounts of chlorine gas. With ketchup, though, my friend did not complain a bit!